The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is all set to address his first public meeting in Gujarat at Ahmedabad on Saturday. While this will be Kejriwal’s first public meeting in Gujarat after the AAP became a political party in October 2012, the rally will be held at Bapunagar, around 4 pm.
Members from the AAP Gujarat unit are also planning to organise a road show for the AAP leader through different parts of the city after securing permissions from the Election Commission and city administration on the same day. The roadshow may be flagged off from AAP office Ayojan Nagar (Paldi) to proceed to Anjali Cross Roads, Paldi Cross Roads, Jamalpur bridge, Gulabi Cross Roads, LG Chowki, Nagarwell Hanuman, Malekshaban Stadium road and will culminate at the rally venue at Bapu Nagar.
Several AAP members also alleged that BJP had indulged in ‘rumour mongering’ about Kejriwal’s visit to Jaipur. A press release issued by the party late Friday evening cited, “Attempts have been made by the BJP to project in a section of the media that Kejriwal has left Gujarat.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The AAP makes it clear that Kejriwal has gone to Jaipur to attend the Rajasthan Patrika Foundation Day celebrations, which had been fixed two months in advance. From Jaipur, he will proceed to Delhi to participate in the India Today Conclave in the evening and will return to Ahmedabad on Saturday morning for the rally.
“The BJP attempts to divert public attention will have no bearing on the highly successful Gujarat tour of the AAP leadership, which appeals to the people to listen to him on Saturday.”
Kejriwal and several senior AAP leaders from Delhi have been camping in various places of Gujarat since March 5 to get a first hand account of the ‘Gujarat development model’ claims made by BJP PM elect and Gujarat CM Narendra Modi at several public forums recently.