The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Arvind Kejriwal is all set to address his first public meeting in Gujarat at Ahmedabad on Saturday. While this will be Kejriwal’s first public meeting in Gujarat after the AAP became a political party in October 2012, the rally will be held at Bapunagar, around 4 pm.
Members from the AAP Gujarat unit are also planning to organise a road show for the AAP leader through different parts of the city after securing permissions from the Election Commission and city administration on the same day. The roadshow may be flagged off from AAP office Ayojan Nagar (Paldi) to proceed to Anjali Cross Roads, Paldi Cross Roads, Jamalpur bridge, Gulabi Cross Roads, LG Chowki, Nagarwell Hanuman, Malekshaban Stadium road and will culminate at the rally venue at Bapu Nagar.
Several AAP members also alleged that BJP had indulged in ‘rumour mongering’ about Kejriwal’s visit to Jaipur. A press release issued by the party late Friday evening cited, “Attempts have been made by the BJP to project in a section of the media that Kejriwal has left Gujarat.
“The AAP makes it clear that Kejriwal has gone to Jaipur to attend the Rajasthan Patrika Foundation Day celebrations, which had been fixed two months in advance. From Jaipur, he will proceed to Delhi to participate in the India Today Conclave in the evening and will return to Ahmedabad on Saturday morning for the rally.
“The BJP attempts to divert public attention will have no bearing on the highly successful Gujarat tour of the AAP leadership, which appeals to the people to listen to him on Saturday.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kejriwal and several senior AAP leaders from Delhi have been camping in various places of Gujarat since March 5 to get a first hand account of the ‘Gujarat development model’ claims made by BJP PM elect and Gujarat CM Narendra Modi at several public forums recently.