18 of the brightest and sharpest minds with their exceptional inventions are set to prove their mantle at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) the only global science competition for students from grades 8-12.
The young innovators referred to as Team India will represent the country at the fair and compete against 1600 finalists from over 70 countries across the globe in Los Angeles, California from May 11-16, 2014.
This year, the highest numbers of entries are being sent from India in the history of the competition with 12 projects competing at the event as compared to 6 projects that were shortlisted last year.
This was made possible courtesy a partnership with the Indo-US Science & Technology Forum, an autonomous organization jointly established and funded by the Indian and US Government.
Under this collaboration, Team India will continue on a Science Learning Tour where they will visit the Maker Faire in the Bay area, various research laboratories, meet with key scientists and explore various science museums in the United States of America.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Team India also met Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, the former President of India and a renowned Indian scientist who wished them luck before departing for Los Angeles for the Intel ISEF fair.
Commenting on the increased number of projects from India in ISEF this year, Ashutosh Chadha, Director – Corporate Affairs Group, Intel South Asia said, “Both IRIS and Intel ISEF are influential in highlighting the unique pool of creativity and innovation that exists in the country.”
This year, with 12 projects being selected for ISEF we have a greater opportunity to showcase the talent existing within the youngsters of the country, encouraging them to create realistic solutions, through research practices, to scientific challenges that are vital for tomorrow’s progress,” added Ashutosh Chadha.
Intel ISEF is a program run by the Society for Science & the Public (SSP) in partnership with Intel Corporation. The premier global science competition provides an annual forum to pre-college students across the world to display their independent research.
Intel ISEF 2014 brings together young minds from more than 70 countries. It presents an opportunity for the best of young innovators in the world to come together to share ideas, showcase cutting-edge projects, and compete for more than US $4 million in awards and scholarships.
The winners will be selected on the basis of their creative ability and scientific thought, as well as the articulacy, skill, and clarity shown in their projects.