Glasgow Caledonian University,Scotland has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a group of colleges in Punjab region.
The agreement allows the schools of Engineering and Computing and Health to facilitate advanced entry for degree and diploma students,as well as direct entry onto GCU masters programmes.
Dr Rohin Sachdeva and Dr Harjot Singh,chairmen of the group of colleges,met with GCU faculty members from School of Engineering,Built and Natural Environment ,Life Sciences and Health to discuss the collaboration and partnership opportunities during a recent visit to Glasgow.
A return visit of GCU Faculty to India is planned for later this year,and the first cohort of students are expected to enroll for September 2011 intake.
The colleges with which GCU plan to collaborate in the Punjab are:
* Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engineering and Technology
* Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology
* GGS College of Modern Technology
* Ludhiana College of Engineering and Technology
* Sachdeva Engineering College for Girls; G.G.S. Polytechnic
* Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Polytechnic Sachdeva College of Pharmacy
* Babe Ke Institute of Nursing
The MoU will facilitate advanced entry for diploma and degree students into programmes of GCU such as B Eng (Hons) Electronic Engineering,BSc Telecomms engineering,third year BEng Mechanical Electronic Systems Engineering and third year BEng Electrical Power Engineering as well as facilitating articulation onto masters programmes such as MSC Embedded Systems Design,Mechanical Engineering,Applied Instrumentation and Control.