Sustainable development models innovated and implemented by Kerala Kudumbasree Mission, a government initiative for poverty alleviation through women groups, will go on air for a social reality show produced by the Thiruvananthapuram centre of Doordarshan. One of the largest women empowering projects in the country, Kudumbasree Mission has 40 lakh women in its fold, most of them belonging to the lower strata of society.
Doordarshan Assistant Director (Programmes) G Sajan, who conceived the programme, said the idea is to find unique and locally-relevant developmental interventions of the Community Development Societies (CDS) of Kudumbasree. The show will have a comprehensive evaluation of the character of sustainable model of business activities undertaken by the CDSs.
He said the programme will shortlist innovative inventions of Kudumbashree in verticals such as farming, social Inclusion, micro-enterprises, tribal interventions and women empowerment. The ideas will be graded based on their uniqueness, replicability, participation, social auditing and technological innovation.
All the 1072 CDSs in 14 districts will be eligible to take part in the preliminary round of the show, in which they will be asked to present a 10-minute video on their successful activity. After a tight scrutiny, 70 CDSs will be selected for the next stage. The DD crew will make a half-an-hour documentary on each CDS and the jury will make field visits. The documentaries will be presented before the jury and a panel of audience at the studio. The show will be telecast in 70 episodes.
“To ensure public participation in the evaluation, audience can send SMS votes for their favourite CDS for a week after airing every episode. Fifteen CDSs will be left in the semi-final round. Winners will be given cash prizes. The yet to be named show will be more or less modeled after the Green Kerala Express of DD, which was meant to select the best local body in Kerala,’’ said Sajan.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kudumbasree Mission Executive Director K B Valsalakumari said the show will bring many success stories of women empowerment, micro-enterprises, and livelihood. The annual turnover of micro-enterprises alone would come to Rs 450 crore, said the executive director.
She said the mission has assigned a large-scale study to look into how 10 years in Kudumbasree has changed the life of women.
Began in 1998, the Kudumbasree Mission helped transform the socio-economic profile of hundreds of women in Kerala. When women quota in local bodies was made mandatory, political parties had found candidates among Kudumbasree activists. For many successful women representatives in local bodies, Kudumbasree was their first training ground.