A 26-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Karol Bagh in Central Delhi area by a stalker last evening, police said on Saturday.
The victim has been identified as Simran, an executive working in an MNC in Noida. She had got married two years back.
Last evening, around 6.15 pm, Simran boarded a metro from Noida to visit her aunt’s place. Simran’s cousin had given birth to a baby and he had told her aunt about her coming to give a surprise.
At 7.30 PM, she de-boarded at Karol Bagh metro station. When she was near her aunt’s house, the suspect who was following her, accosted her. He stabbed her once in the arm and then in the chest, said police.
A CCTV installed in the street shows a scooter first coming into the frame and then taking a u turn. Then Simran passing and a suspect following her. The actual stalking takes place out of the camera’s frame but people running to save her after she is stabbed is recorded in the CCTV.
Police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused. However, no breakthrough has been achieved in the case. “It is an unfortunate incident. We have registered a case and taken up investigation. We are sure of working out the case soon,” said Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest