A 26-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Karol Bagh in Central Delhi area by a stalker last evening, police said on Saturday.
The victim has been identified as Simran, an executive working in an MNC in Noida. She had got married two years back.
Last evening, around 6.15 pm, Simran boarded a metro from Noida to visit her aunt’s place. Simran’s cousin had given birth to a baby and he had told her aunt about her coming to give a surprise.
At 7.30 PM, she de-boarded at Karol Bagh metro station. When she was near her aunt’s house, the suspect who was following her, accosted her. He stabbed her once in the arm and then in the chest, said police.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
A CCTV installed in the street shows a scooter first coming into the frame and then taking a u turn. Then Simran passing and a suspect following her. The actual stalking takes place out of the camera’s frame but people running to save her after she is stabbed is recorded in the CCTV.
Police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused. However, no breakthrough has been achieved in the case. “It is an unfortunate incident. We have registered a case and taken up investigation. We are sure of working out the case soon,” said Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi.