A woman RJD worker, accused of abducting two Gaya youths who were later found murdered, was stripped and beaten up by a mob in Jehanabad early on Thursday. The woman and her associate were later arrested for alleged role in the double murder.
The RJD worker, who along with her associate Munna is currently being treated at the Patna Medical College and Hospital under police custody, alleged police personnel remained mute spectators when she was attacked and stripped. The woman’s family denied her involvement in the crime, claiming she was being framed.
Under attack from the BJP that termed the stripping incident as the return of “jungle raj” in Bihar, CM Jeetan Ram Manjhi ordered a probe into it by the DGP, while the state women commission recorded statement of the RJD activist. The condition of the 40-year-old RJD worker, who suffered several internal injuries, is stable.
The incident took place at around 1.30 am when over 50 people attacked her house after the mob failed to find the two abducted youths there. Chunnu Sharma and Rakesh Sharma were missing since they had visited the RJD worker two days ago. The police on Thursday found their bodies at Sigori near Patna and later arrested the woman and Munna for alleged abduction and murder of the two.
Narrating her story from hospital bed, the woman told The Indian Express: “The police remained a mute spectator when I was being stripped and beaten up.” Jehanabad Town police station in-charge Narendra Singh said, “We have to study video footage to ascertain if the crowd stripped her or she lost her clothes while running for safety.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest