A woman RJD worker, accused of abducting two Gaya youths who were later found murdered, was stripped and beaten up by a mob in Jehanabad early on Thursday. The woman and her associate were later arrested for alleged role in the double murder.
The RJD worker, who along with her associate Munna is currently being treated at the Patna Medical College and Hospital under police custody, alleged police personnel remained mute spectators when she was attacked and stripped. The woman’s family denied her involvement in the crime, claiming she was being framed.
Under attack from the BJP that termed the stripping incident as the return of “jungle raj” in Bihar, CM Jeetan Ram Manjhi ordered a probe into it by the DGP, while the state women commission recorded statement of the RJD activist. The condition of the 40-year-old RJD worker, who suffered several internal injuries, is stable.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The incident took place at around 1.30 am when over 50 people attacked her house after the mob failed to find the two abducted youths there. Chunnu Sharma and Rakesh Sharma were missing since they had visited the RJD worker two days ago. The police on Thursday found their bodies at Sigori near Patna and later arrested the woman and Munna for alleged abduction and murder of the two.
Narrating her story from hospital bed, the woman told The Indian Express: “The police remained a mute spectator when I was being stripped and beaten up.” Jehanabad Town police station in-charge Narendra Singh said, “We have to study video footage to ascertain if the crowd stripped her or she lost her clothes while running for safety.”