The highly decomposed dead body of a 28-year-old woman was found in a water tub at her rented house in the Bharathi Layout in South Bangalore on Monday night.
The woman was identified as Srithi, a native of Kolar, who recently quit her job as a receptionist in a second hand car showroom in the city. Police were called to her residence by neighbours who complained of a foul smell emanating from the residence.
“We found the highly decomposed dead body of Srithi in the water tub. Her throat was slit and some persons known to her are suspected to be behind the murder,” assistant commissioner of police B N Obalesh said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Preliminary investigations have revealed that Srithi was married to Chowda Reddy a resident of Kolar, four years ago and she had a three-year-old son with him. She later moved to Bangalore. Chowda Reddy used to visit her once or twice a month. Her son was with her parents and she was alone in the house.
Neighbors have told the police that Srithi used to leave her home every evening and would return only late at night.