Responding to the report, ‘Qureshi under income tax probe, daughter’s firm got event management contract from 2 CBI directors’, Amar Pratap Singh has written:
1) The Diwali party mentioned was an in-house party where certain arrangements such as lighting, tables, chairs and general decor were outsourced. There are very few agencies who are interested in doing such small jobs as there are no margins.
2) The article mentions that the messages exchanged between me and Mr Qureshi related to ongoing investigations by the agency. This is factually incorrect as no messages relating to CBI ongoing investigations were ever exchanged either before I demitted the office or later.
3) The messages pertain to the period October 2012 to February 2014. I demitted office of Director, CBI in November 2012.
4) The messages show that Mr Qureshi and I are good friends. To my knowledge he has never been the subject of a CBI investigation or any other proceedings of a criminal nature.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
5) I have no business dealings with him apart from the rental of a family basement. This basement was given on rent by the family only after I demitted office of CBI Director.
Our correspondent replies: Singh’s letter does not contradict or challenge any of the facts in the report, which had also carried his comments. Singh admits that some of the BBM messages are from the period when he was the CBI chief. The Indian Express stands by the report.