Responding to the report, ‘Qureshi under income tax probe, daughter’s firm got event management contract from 2 CBI directors’, Amar Pratap Singh has written:
1) The Diwali party mentioned was an in-house party where certain arrangements such as lighting, tables, chairs and general decor were outsourced. There are very few agencies who are interested in doing such small jobs as there are no margins.
2) The article mentions that the messages exchanged between me and Mr Qureshi related to ongoing investigations by the agency. This is factually incorrect as no messages relating to CBI ongoing investigations were ever exchanged either before I demitted the office or later.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
3) The messages pertain to the period October 2012 to February 2014. I demitted office of Director, CBI in November 2012.
4) The messages show that Mr Qureshi and I are good friends. To my knowledge he has never been the subject of a CBI investigation or any other proceedings of a criminal nature.
5) I have no business dealings with him apart from the rental of a family basement. This basement was given on rent by the family only after I demitted office of CBI Director.
Our correspondent replies: Singh’s letter does not contradict or challenge any of the facts in the report, which had also carried his comments. Singh admits that some of the BBM messages are from the period when he was the CBI chief. The Indian Express stands by the report.