In what could be the first reported case of death by corporal punishment in Jharkhand, a class one student of Chanho in Ranchi district died of suspected internal injuries on Sunday, five days after being allegedly beaten by his school teacher.
Police are waiting for the autopsy report of Barhe village resident Sujit Munda (8). Hussain, who teaches at the Government Upgraded Middle School in Ranchi’s Chanho block, has since been suspended by the district education superintendent and is pending an inquiry.
Police said that Sujit’s father Mahadeo Munda has alleged that the Hussain, also the headmaster-in-charge, beat his son on January 28 for not doing homework. Hussain reportedly used a piece of firewood to beat the boy, the eldest of three siblings. “Sujit complained of pain the same day. He was never taken to a hospital and passed away early on Sunday morning,” said Manilal Baraik, inspector at the Chanho police station.
Talking to a Hindi daily, Hussain denied the allegation. “We will interrogate the teacher after the post-mortem report is available. It was carried out at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences on Sunday. We expect it to arrive on Wednesday,” said Surendra Kumar Jha, Ranchi’s Rural Superintendent of Police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More