A suspected psychopath involved in a murder in Tamil Nadu has been arrested in connection with a triple murder that occurred near Bengaluru last week.
A 70-year-old man, his 42-year-old widowed daughter and 15-year-old grand daughter were found brutally murdered at their farm house near Harohalli in the Ramanagara district, 35 km away from Bengaluru, on January 6.
Police have arrested Basavaraj Bhovi, 42, a resident of a neighbouring village who has reportedly confessed to the three killings and rape of the woman.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The Deputy Superintendent of Police (Ramanagara) Lakshmi Ganesh said that Bhovi a butcher by profession used a machete to hack Maregowda, 70, his daughter Gowramma, 42 and grand daughter Sukanya, 15, to death. The murders at the secluded farm house was discovered the next afternoon by neighbours.
Police said that the accused targeted the family after the widowed Gowramma spurned his advances. Bhovi allegedly lured Maregowda away from the house saying he had caught some rabbits. He later returned to the house and attacked the women.
A police team zeroed in on Bhovi as a suspect after they learnt that he was a frequent visitor to the farm house and since he was missing from his village.
The police team nabbed Bhovi in Tamil Nadu where he had fled. “Our investigation has revealed that the suspect is a sex maniac and was involved in a murder at Denkanikote in Tamil Nadu,” DSP Ganesh said.