In a shocking case of brutality, a 11-year-old domestic help was allegedly starved for days and tortured by her employers, who inserted green chillies into her genitals to make her obey their orders.
The victim, who was brought from Uttar Pradesh for household work, approached the police on Saturday with the help of her neighbours in the housing complex at Ghodbunder Road, where she worked for accused Sarjil Ansari (36) and Farhat Ansari (32), PI Dhanaji Kshirsagar of Mira Road Police Station said.
The maid servant, whose body bore several old and fresh injury marks, was allegedly beaten up frequently over petty issues and was made to starve for days together.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Ansaris even force fed her chillies and inserted it into her private parts, if she disobeyed them, the girl alleged in the complaint.
The allegations are being verified, the official said.
After the girl managed to reach the cops, Sarjil, a local trader, was arrested on Sunday and produced in a local court, which remanded him in police custody till January 21.
However, his wife Farhat is still at large and searches have been intensified to nab her, Kshirsagar said.
The accused duo have been charged under sections 323, 324, 374 of the IPC.
The girl is presently in the custody of a NGO, which rescued her.
According to police sources, the minor, who was promised a job in a Mumbai household was “sold” to the Thane couple by her parents for Rs 15,000, a fact which is still being probed.