In a shocking case of brutality, a 11-year-old domestic help was allegedly starved for days and tortured by her employers, who inserted green chillies into her genitals to make her obey their orders.
The victim, who was brought from Uttar Pradesh for household work, approached the police on Saturday with the help of her neighbours in the housing complex at Ghodbunder Road, where she worked for accused Sarjil Ansari (36) and Farhat Ansari (32), PI Dhanaji Kshirsagar of Mira Road Police Station said.
The maid servant, whose body bore several old and fresh injury marks, was allegedly beaten up frequently over petty issues and was made to starve for days together.
The Ansaris even force fed her chillies and inserted it into her private parts, if she disobeyed them, the girl alleged in the complaint.
The allegations are being verified, the official said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
After the girl managed to reach the cops, Sarjil, a local trader, was arrested on Sunday and produced in a local court, which remanded him in police custody till January 21.
However, his wife Farhat is still at large and searches have been intensified to nab her, Kshirsagar said.
The accused duo have been charged under sections 323, 324, 374 of the IPC.
The girl is presently in the custody of a NGO, which rescued her.
According to police sources, the minor, who was promised a job in a Mumbai household was “sold” to the Thane couple by her parents for Rs 15,000, a fact which is still being probed.