The sessions court on Monday accepted special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam’s application to frame additional charge under section 376(e) of the Indian Penal Code against three persons convicted in photojournalist gangrape case.
Three persons – Vijay Jadhav (18), Mohammed Qasim alias Bangali (20) and Salim Ansari (27) – have already been sentenced to life term in another incident of gangrape of a 19-year-old telephone operator inside Shakti Mills compound on July 31.
They will now be tried under an enhanced section 376 (e) of the IPC as they fall under the ‘repeat offenders’ category, as pointed out by special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
As per the new amendments, whoever has been previously convicted of an offence punishable under section 376 or section 376A or section 376D and is subsequently convicted of an offence punishable under any of the said sections shall be punished with imprisonment for life which shall mean imprisonment for the remainder of that person’s natural life, or with death. Nikam, however, did not tell the court if he would press for death penalty.