The sessions court on Monday accepted special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam’s application to frame additional charge under section 376(e) of the Indian Penal Code against three persons convicted in photojournalist gangrape case.
Three persons – Vijay Jadhav (18), Mohammed Qasim alias Bangali (20) and Salim Ansari (27) – have already been sentenced to life term in another incident of gangrape of a 19-year-old telephone operator inside Shakti Mills compound on July 31.
They will now be tried under an enhanced section 376 (e) of the IPC as they fall under the ‘repeat offenders’ category, as pointed out by special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
As per the new amendments, whoever has been previously convicted of an offence punishable under section 376 or section 376A or section 376D and is subsequently convicted of an offence punishable under any of the said sections shall be punished with imprisonment for life which shall mean imprisonment for the remainder of that person’s natural life, or with death. Nikam, however, did not tell the court if he would press for death penalty.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest