Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s driver has been arrested by the Bandra police for allegedly raping a minor girl on the pretext of getting her a job at the actor’s residence after she was sacked by an actress, who is the wife of an cricketer-turned-politician, police said today.
According to Bandra police, accused Rajendra Gautam (34) who has been working with Shah Rukh Khan’s amily as a driver for seven years was on Wednesday (June 25) arrested for raping the 17-year-old victim last week in a lodge at Nalasopara in neighbouring Thane district.
Assistant Police Commissioner Shivaji Rao Kolekar said the girl hailing from Latur district used to work at the residence of a celebrity, who is the wife of a ex-cricketer and a former Congress MP.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kolekar said the girl was searching for another job as she was not happy with the salary she was getting there. Through common friends Gautam learnt that the girl was looking for a job and hence he telephoned at the celebrity’s residence.
“When Gautam rang up at the girl’s workplace, the celebrity herself accidentally picked up the phone call while Gautam went on talking about the possibility of a job offer at SRK’s residence thinking that he was speaking to the victim,” said another officer.
Learning this, the celebrity sacked the girl after settling her dues, police said adding that Gautam then met the jobless girl and assured her work at Khan’s bungalow.
Kolekar said the girl was told by Gautam that Shah Rukh Khan was not in Mumbai and once the actor is back he would help her getting a job in the bungalow.
On the pretext of finding her an accommodation, he took her to a lodge in Nalasopara on Friday and sexually abused her. Later he threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed it to anybody, the officer said.
The accused suggested her to return to her hometown. However, she mustered courage and informed the matter to her friend, who helped her approaching Bandra police yesterday.
Police then registered an FIR against Gautam under IPC section 376 (rape) 366 A (procuration of a minor girl) and 506 (2) (Criminal intimidation) and relevant sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and arrested him.