Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s driver has been arrested by the Bandra police for allegedly raping a minor girl on the pretext of getting her a job at the actor’s residence after she was sacked by an actress, who is the wife of an cricketer-turned-politician, police said today.
According to Bandra police, accused Rajendra Gautam (34) who has been working with Shah Rukh Khan’s amily as a driver for seven years was on Wednesday (June 25) arrested for raping the 17-year-old victim last week in a lodge at Nalasopara in neighbouring Thane district.
Assistant Police Commissioner Shivaji Rao Kolekar said the girl hailing from Latur district used to work at the residence of a celebrity, who is the wife of a ex-cricketer and a former Congress MP.
Kolekar said the girl was searching for another job as she was not happy with the salary she was getting there. Through common friends Gautam learnt that the girl was looking for a job and hence he telephoned at the celebrity’s residence.
“When Gautam rang up at the girl’s workplace, the celebrity herself accidentally picked up the phone call while Gautam went on talking about the possibility of a job offer at SRK’s residence thinking that he was speaking to the victim,” said another officer.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Learning this, the celebrity sacked the girl after settling her dues, police said adding that Gautam then met the jobless girl and assured her work at Khan’s bungalow.
Kolekar said the girl was told by Gautam that Shah Rukh Khan was not in Mumbai and once the actor is back he would help her getting a job in the bungalow.
On the pretext of finding her an accommodation, he took her to a lodge in Nalasopara on Friday and sexually abused her. Later he threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed it to anybody, the officer said.
The accused suggested her to return to her hometown. However, she mustered courage and informed the matter to her friend, who helped her approaching Bandra police yesterday.
Police then registered an FIR against Gautam under IPC section 376 (rape) 366 A (procuration of a minor girl) and 506 (2) (Criminal intimidation) and relevant sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and arrested him.