In yet another incident of sexual misconduct by officers in the Army, the commanding officer (CO) of a unit based in Sri Ganganagar in Rajasthan is facing a probe for allegedly molesting the wife of a fellow officer and sexually harassing at least four other women.
According to Army sources, the latest incident took place recently at the unit’s mess, where the CO, a colonel, was seated with other officers and their wives. The colonel (name withheld), who was inebriated, groped a woman sitting there with her husband.
A commotion ensued when the woman snapped at the CO and started crying. The husband promptly informed his senior officers and gave a complaint in writing, along with his wife’s statements.
Soon after, four more women, also wives of Army officers, too gave written complaints against the CO, alleging he had harassed them sexually in the recent past. A probe has been ordered under Section 125 of the Army Act, which authorises the competent Army officers to place the accused under “military custody” pending the Court of Inquiry.
Confirming the development, an official in the Defence Ministry said, “The probe is likely to be completed soon. Such incidents are never tolerated in the Army.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The colonel was recently transferred to the unit in Sri Ganganagar from his earlier field posting, where there were complaints that he would often come to office drunk and would be absent from duty for days together. The incident comes close on the heels of a Brigadier posted at the Line of Control in Poonch sector being removed after allegedly sodomising his assistant (Sahayak), also known as “battle buddy”.