Maharashtra government will examine if the controversial outfit Hindu Rashtra Sena could be banned in the wake of Pune techie Mohsin Shaikh’s murder, Home Minister R R Patil said here on Saturday. “We will check if the outfit can be banned,” Patil said, replying to a calling attention notice by MLC Kapil Patil.
The MLC wanted to know which are the forces behind the IT professional’s murder in Hadapsar area of Pune. “Police are serious on both the outfit and its chief Dhananjay Desai,” the minister said. So far, 23 persons have been arrested in this connection. Many serious offences have already been registered against Desai, he said.
“We will also check if the killing is linked to the murder of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar in Pune in August last year, the minister said. Kapil Patil said the outfit had created terror among the minority community who are reeling under fear. Council Chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh said if such killings are taking place in broad public view, it should be condemned.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The 28-year-old techie was killed by a violent mob on June 2 at suburban Hadapsar following surfacing of a Facebook post denigrating King Shivaji and late Bal Thackeray.