One more accused got arrested on Friday in the shocking gangrape case of two Dalit sisters, whose bodies were found hanging from a tree here, taking the total number of arrests in the case to three.
“One more accused Awadhesh Yadav has been arrested by the police,” said Superintendent of Police Atul Kumar Saxena.
Of the seven accused, three (policeman Sarvesh Yadav and brothers Pappu and Awadhesh Yadav) have been arrested so far in the matter, he said. Sarvesh and Pappu were arrested on Thursday.
Four other accused Urvesh Yadav (brother of Pappu and Awadhesh), policeman Chhatrapal Yadav and two unidentified persons are yet at large.
The two girls, who were cousins and aged 14 and 15, went missing from their house on the night of May 27 and their bodies were found hanging from a mango tree in the village in Ushait area the next morning.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The incident had triggered protests in the area with villagers alleging police apathy, following which an FIR was registered against seven persons.
The postmortem report of the two girls confirmed that they were raped before murder, Saxena had said.
Katra Sadatganj outpost incharge Ram Vilas Yadav,constables Sarvesh Yadav and Chhatrapal Yadav were suspended following the incident.
Of the seven accused, Sarvesh and Chhatrpal have been booked under section 120B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC, while the three brothers –Pappu, Awadhesh and Urvesh– and two others have been booked under Section 302 (murder) and 376
(rape) of IPC.