One more accused got arrested on Friday in the shocking gangrape case of two Dalit sisters, whose bodies were found hanging from a tree here, taking the total number of arrests in the case to three.
“One more accused Awadhesh Yadav has been arrested by the police,” said Superintendent of Police Atul Kumar Saxena.
Of the seven accused, three (policeman Sarvesh Yadav and brothers Pappu and Awadhesh Yadav) have been arrested so far in the matter, he said. Sarvesh and Pappu were arrested on Thursday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Four other accused Urvesh Yadav (brother of Pappu and Awadhesh), policeman Chhatrapal Yadav and two unidentified persons are yet at large.
The two girls, who were cousins and aged 14 and 15, went missing from their house on the night of May 27 and their bodies were found hanging from a mango tree in the village in Ushait area the next morning.
The incident had triggered protests in the area with villagers alleging police apathy, following which an FIR was registered against seven persons.
The postmortem report of the two girls confirmed that they were raped before murder, Saxena had said.
Katra Sadatganj outpost incharge Ram Vilas Yadav,constables Sarvesh Yadav and Chhatrapal Yadav were suspended following the incident.
Of the seven accused, Sarvesh and Chhatrpal have been booked under section 120B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC, while the three brothers –Pappu, Awadhesh and Urvesh– and two others have been booked under Section 302 (murder) and 376
(rape) of IPC.