Over a year after the brutal Delhi gangrape incident, the Indian Ordnance Factory here has come out with ‘Nirbheek’, a .32 bore light weight revolver designed especially for women to defend themselves from assault. With its nomenclature inspired by ‘Nirbhaya’, the 500-g revolver is light and can be kept by women in their purses or handbags.
The revolver, priced at Rs 1,22,360, will be made available from the last week of February from the Field Gun Factory here, General Manager of the factory, Abdul Hamid, said. “After the gangrape incident, our researchers were working on a revolver which is very light and can be carried by women in their purses or small hand-bags. Generally, the weight of .32 bore revolver is 750 grammes, but Nirbheek only weighs 500 grammes,” Hamid said.
The name of the revolver has been inspired by ‘Nirbhaya’ as a mark of tribute to the December 16 victim, he said. The factory is planning to invite a woman social activist for its launch ceremony. Hamid said there have been ten bookings for the revolver till date, and they are receiving daily inquiries, mostly from women in this regard.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The revolver, which will be delivered in a special ornamental box on a first-come-first-serve basis, he said. Made of titanium alloy, the revolver will also be sold to men, but the priority will be women, Hamid said.