An employee of the Wadia group has filed a complaint with the NM Joshi Marg police, alleging she and her colleague received threat calls from a person claiming to be fugitive gangster Ravi Pujari in connection with the ongoing row between Ness Wadia and actor Preity Zinta.
“Two female staff members of the Wadia group received threat calls and text messages. They are personal assistants to Nusli Wadia and have received a total of five phone calls and two text messages from a caller identifying himself as Ravi Pujari. A case has been registered under section 506 (2) of the IPC and has been handed over to the anti-extortion cell,” Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria said Wednesday.
Detailing the sequence of events, an officer with the NM Joshi Marg police said, “On June 16, one of Wadia’s PAs received a call on the office landline. The caller asked for Wadia. The PA informed him that Wadia was not in office and asked him to try later. The person called once again later in the day, when the call was received by another PA. However, she could not hear him well and called back using her cellphone. She still failed to hear him and hung up, and some time later, she got two text messages from the number saying, Preity Zinta ke matter me mat pado (do not get involved in the Preity Zinta matter) — Ravi Pujari.” Maria said the phone calls were not recorded by the PAs and that investigations were under way on the basis of the number from which the text messages were received.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, on Wednesday, Zinta’s lawyer informed the Marine Drive police that she would soon give a supplementary statement. “Preity has not named any witnesses in her complaint,” Maria said.