Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who is also the co-owner of IPL team Kings XI Punjab, on Friday filed a molestation case against her ex-boyfriend and noted businessman Ness Wadia. Reacting to the complaint, Wadia issued a statement expressing shock at the development and denying all allegations.
The statement: “I am shocked at the complaint and the allegations made against me and they were totally false and baseless.”
According to reports, the actress alleged in her complaint to the police that she was abused by Wadia earlier as well. She further accused Wadia of even threatening her over the issue.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The 39-year-old actress filed the police complaint last night alleging that she was molested by Wadia (44) inside Wankhede stadium on May 30, when an IPL match between KingsXI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings was played.
Zinta gave a written complaint following which an FIR was registered against Wadia under IPC sections 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), police sources added.
The actress and the businessman had broken their five-year long relationship sometime back.
(With PTI Inputs)