Three persons were arrested for the daring broad-day light heist in which around Rs 8 crore had been looted in Lajpat Nagar area here on Tuesday.
The arrested have been identified as Tinku, Praveen and Bhola. The trio was arrested by the special cell of Delhi Police.
“Three persons have been arrested while further raids are being conducted to nab their five accomplices. Recovery is being made from different parts of the National Capital,” a senior police officer said today.
Although police have not disclosed the location of their arrest, police sources said that the trio was arrested from south Delhi and other areas, adding that all accused are henchman.
Late on Friday night, police had detained six people, including close aides of Rajesh Kalra, and identified some of their other associates.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Tuesday’s robbery, one of the biggest in the national capital in terms of money involved, was carried out in a matter of minutes.
Police had said around five to six armed men intercepted a Honda City car near Lajpat Nagar Metro station and fled with the vehicle as well as cash worth Rs 7.69 crore.
The incident took place at 9:00 am, when Rakesh Kumar a businessman and manager of Kalra and his partner Rahul Ahuja, was going to Karol Bagh along with three employees, identified as driver Subodh, Rajesh and Baijnath.
Kumar and the other were travelling in Kalra’s car. Kumar had told police that they collected cash from Kalkaji and Greater Kailash to deposit it in two separate bank accounts in Karol Bagh.