Solar panel scam accused Saritha S Nair was released from jail on Friday after she got bail in all 46 cases. Nair and her co-accused Biju Radhakrishnan had allegedly cheated scores of investors in Kerala promising to install solar energy solution and wind energy farms.
The scam, reported in June last year, had rattled the Congress government after Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s three personal aides were involved in the fraud.
Chandy had faced a slew of Opposition-led agitations over the scam. Chandy was forced to jettison three of his personal staff. Nair’s alleged relation with Congress ministers at state and centre had embarrassed the party.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Emerging out of the jail in Thiruvananthapuram, Nair told the media that she would reveal everything within a few days.
“I will not say anything that would upset others. But, I will reveal the truth. No political leader had helped me obtain bail,” said Saritha Nair.
There were allegations that Nair’s statement to the court, which reportedly contained serious allegations against Congress ministers, was edited from the jail. Hence, Congress leaders are anxiously looking towards what she would reveal after her release.
Government chief whip P C George demanded probe to ascertain how Nair, who was in jail for nine months, got Rs 12 lakh to give surety for her bails.