Solar panel scam accused Saritha S Nair was released from jail on Friday after she got bail in all 46 cases. Nair and her co-accused Biju Radhakrishnan had allegedly cheated scores of investors in Kerala promising to install solar energy solution and wind energy farms.
The scam, reported in June last year, had rattled the Congress government after Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s three personal aides were involved in the fraud.
Chandy had faced a slew of Opposition-led agitations over the scam. Chandy was forced to jettison three of his personal staff. Nair’s alleged relation with Congress ministers at state and centre had embarrassed the party.
Emerging out of the jail in Thiruvananthapuram, Nair told the media that she would reveal everything within a few days.
“I will not say anything that would upset others. But, I will reveal the truth. No political leader had helped me obtain bail,” said Saritha Nair.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
There were allegations that Nair’s statement to the court, which reportedly contained serious allegations against Congress ministers, was edited from the jail. Hence, Congress leaders are anxiously looking towards what she would reveal after her release.
Government chief whip P C George demanded probe to ascertain how Nair, who was in jail for nine months, got Rs 12 lakh to give surety for her bails.