Seeking cancellation of the bail granted to Gopal Goyal Kanda in the air-hostess suicide case, the Delhi Police on Monday informed the Delhi High Court that me-dical documents submitted before the trial court regarding health of the former Haryana minister’s wife were “dubious”.
Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra, appearing for the Delhi Police, told Justice V P Vaish that the verification of the medical records of the OPD of DDU Hospital had revealed the name on the records was not that of Kanda’s wife Saraswati Devi, but a woman named Meera Devi.
Luthra argued the bail had “seriously prejudiced” the trial as the lower court had granted relief to Kanda even though there was “no change in circumstances”. “There are serious apprehensions of tampering of evidence,” argued Luthra, adding the period in custody had not been extremely long. “Cases based on documentary evidence are different. When it comes to a case where loss of life is involved, the period of custody should be looked at differently,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review