Seeking cancellation of the bail granted to Gopal Goyal Kanda in the air-hostess suicide case, the Delhi Police on Monday informed the Delhi High Court that me-dical documents submitted before the trial court regarding health of the former Haryana minister’s wife were “dubious”.
Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra, appearing for the Delhi Police, told Justice V P Vaish that the verification of the medical records of the OPD of DDU Hospital had revealed the name on the records was not that of Kanda’s wife Saraswati Devi, but a woman named Meera Devi.
Luthra argued the bail had “seriously prejudiced” the trial as the lower court had granted relief to Kanda even though there was “no change in circumstances”. “There are serious apprehensions of tampering of evidence,” argued Luthra, adding the period in custody had not been extremely long. “Cases based on documentary evidence are different. When it comes to a case where loss of life is involved, the period of custody should be looked at differently,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen