A 17-year-old girl attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after she was allegedly raped in Mahesh Nagar area of Jaipur, police said on Thursday. The 25-year-old accused identified as Manish lives as a tenant in the same building where the victim lives with her parents.
The incident took place on Tuesday when the victim was alone at her house. While she was being raped, a friend of the accused identified as Rajendra Sharma was watching the criminal act from the window, they said.
After the incident, the girl poured kerosene and set herself ablaze. Neighbours rushed the girl to hospital, said police. The victim sustained 45 per cent burn injuries and is being treated at the Sawai Man Singh government hospital, said police.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“On information from the hospital, police recorded the statement of the victim on Tuesday night,” ACP-Sodala Prem Dan Ratnu said today. Both Manish and Rajendra have been arrested, he added.