A 17-year-old girl attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after she was allegedly raped in Mahesh Nagar area of Jaipur, police said on Thursday. The 25-year-old accused identified as Manish lives as a tenant in the same building where the victim lives with her parents.
The incident took place on Tuesday when the victim was alone at her house. While she was being raped, a friend of the accused identified as Rajendra Sharma was watching the criminal act from the window, they said.
After the incident, the girl poured kerosene and set herself ablaze. Neighbours rushed the girl to hospital, said police. The victim sustained 45 per cent burn injuries and is being treated at the Sawai Man Singh government hospital, said police.
“On information from the hospital, police recorded the statement of the victim on Tuesday night,” ACP-Sodala Prem Dan Ratnu said today. Both Manish and Rajendra have been arrested, he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016