A 22-year-old IAS aspirant has charged senior bureaucrat B B Mohanty (58) of repeated sexual assault on false promises of helping her clear IAS examination and eventually marrying her. A 1977-batch IAS officer of additional chief secretary rank, Mohanty is posted as the chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
The Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Saturday ordered the Mahesh Nagar police to file a first information report (FIR) against Mohanty based on the complainant’s plea in court. The complainant has claimed that she came in contact with Mohanty early last year as her hostel in Ramnagar was close to the bureaucrat’s flat in Swez Farm. According to the complaint, one day Mohanty walked up to her introducing himself as an IAS officer and promising to help her with preparation for the civil services examination. She went on to allege that Mohanty first raped her on February 19, 2013 in his flat on New Sanganer Road where he took her on the promise of providing important study material he had got from New Delhi.
Mohanty then took her to several cities including Udaipur, Goa, Chennai and Bharatpur where they stayed in hotels and he sexually exploited the girl, according to the FIR. The girl, who originally belongs to Balia in Uttar Pradesh, is an MBA student. In December, Mohanty allegedly refused to marry her and instead promised to get her married to his younger son, who according to the complainant had separated from his wife.
Investigating officer, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Sodala, Paras Jain said the girl had filed a similar case of sexual assault against Ramgopal Kumawat, the hostel owner in Ramnagar, on November 4 last year. Kumawat is in judicial custody and a challan was filed in the court on December 21.
Speaking to The Indian Express, Mita Mohanty, wife of the accused, said, “The allegations are completely baseless. We as a family stand by my husband and will fight it out. There are hundreds of people who get in touch with my husband for work-related issues and as a kind person he usually never turns anyone down. He is a family person and it is absolutely untrue that our younger son is estranged. He is happily married and settled abroad.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“If the girl alleges that she was sexually exploited in February last year, why did she not report the matter then? She had a similar complaint against her hostel owner in November but even then she did not raise the matter against my husband,” Mita Mohanty said.
Mohanty, who is slated to retire later next year, shifted to his new house in Vaishali Nagar recently moving out of his official residence. Sources close to the family said the two-room apartment in Swez Farm has never been occupied by the family and instead used as an office space.
Jaipur Police Commissioner Sriniwas Rao Janga said, “The complainant’s statement could not be recorded today as she is out of town. She is expected to return in a day or two after which we will record her official statement and order a medical examination. An investigation into the matter can be initiated only after that.”