The police have arrested an employee of an LPG agency and his friend for allegedly raping and attacking a 19-year-old housewife at her home in Andheri on Tuesday afternoon.
The duo, who had left the woman for dead, were arrested four hours after the incident, police said.
The victim, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was married six months ago and lived in Andheri East along with her husband and brother-in-law. While the two went to work daily, she would remain at home alone.
According to police, Chandan Jaiswal (20) worked at a Bharat Gas agency in Andheri East and often took his friend, Mohammad Alam Shaikh (35), along on the job. While Jaiswal delivered gas cylinders, Shaikh usually repaired gas pipes.
Both first visited the victim’s home a month ago to replace a used gas cylinder. At 3.30 pm Tuesday, Jaiswal went to the victim’s home at Shaikh’s insistence, the police said. “When the woman opened the door, Jaiswal told her that the gas pipe needed to be repaired and went into the kitchen. Shaikh stayed in the living room and bolted the door from inside. When the woman screamed, Shaikh clamped his hand on her mouth,” said an officer from MIDC police station.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Shaikh threatened to kill the woman if she resisted and allegedly raped her. Jaiswal, who was reportedly unaware of Shaikh’s intentions, panicked and began to throttle the woman.
“Instead of raising an alarm, Jaiswal helped Shaikh subdue the woman and choked her. Once she passed out, both thought she was dead and fled with her gold earrings,” said the officer.
The officer said the incident came to light only when the woman’s husband returned home and found her unconscious. After she was revived, she narrated the ordeal to her husband, who rushed her to the police station. She was later admitted to a hospital and is now out of danger.
“Both men believed she was dead and did not bother to run. They were arrested not far away from the victim’s home four hours later. We have got their custody until February 6,” said senior inspector Suresh Hujband.
Mumbai rape, Gas agency man rape, Rape in India, India news