In a case of honour killing a 19-year-old girl was killed allegedly by her family members while her boyfriend committed suicide after the incident at Budhana town here, police said on Tuesday
The victim was in love with 21-year-old Mubarik Hasan hailing from the same town but her family members were opposed to their relationship.
Following heated arguments, the girl was strangulated to death yesterday and later her body was hanged from a ceiling fan in the house by her two brothers Ahsan and Ashu, SP (Rural) Alok Priyadarshi told reporters here.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Meanwhile, body of her boyfriend was found hanging from the tree.
Autopsy reports have confirmed that the girl was strangulated while the boy committed suicide, he said adding, a case of murder has been registered against the girl’s brothers.