Mizoram Excise and Narcotics Department officials seized 32.6 grams of heroin worth around Rs 1.6 lakh in a local market near Aizawl yesterday, an official statement said today.
One person, identified as Vanlalmawia (22) of Zokhawthar hamlet in Champhai district, was arrested for allegedly carrying the drugs in the pocket of his jacket, it said.
The contraband was seized from Vanlalmawia when he was travelling in a maxi-cab plying between Aizawl and Mizoram-Myanmar border Champhai town, the statement said, adding the accused was booked under relevant sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Act, 1985.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls