A girl student was killed after being allegedly raped in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal,after which a mob blocked road traffic and damaged the car of a ruling Trinamool Congress MP in protest against police’s alleged inaction to save the victim.
The girl’s body was found near a water body at Kirtipur with indications that she was killed after being raped,the sources said.
Her parents had informed the police after she did not return home from college last evening.
The sources said the girl was suspected to have been taken away by miscreants after she alighted from a bus on her way home from college.
One person was arrested and two others were detained following the rape and murder,they said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Local people alleged had the police acted in time after receiving complaints from the parents,the girl could have been rescued.
A mob set up a road blockade on the Kharibari-Rajarhat road at Barasat in the district halting traffic for several hours and stoned vehicles including two police jeeps,police
A mob gheraoed Trinamool Congress MP Nurul Islam and damaged his car and demonstrated before Food Minister Jyotipriya Mullick when they went to the area.
The Food Minister promised proper policing and a police camp in the area.
He also said a government job would be provided to a family member of the girl.
The incident came a day after three TV reporters were attacked and injured by men carrying Trinamool Congress flags in the same district allegedly as a fallout of infighting in Trinamool Congress.
Three TV reporters who went to the spot were assaulted with iron rods and lathis.