A girl student was killed after being allegedly raped in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal,after which a mob blocked road traffic and damaged the car of a ruling Trinamool Congress MP in protest against police’s alleged inaction to save the victim.
The girl’s body was found near a water body at Kirtipur with indications that she was killed after being raped,the sources said.
Her parents had informed the police after she did not return home from college last evening.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The sources said the girl was suspected to have been taken away by miscreants after she alighted from a bus on her way home from college.
One person was arrested and two others were detained following the rape and murder,they said.
Local people alleged had the police acted in time after receiving complaints from the parents,the girl could have been rescued.
A mob set up a road blockade on the Kharibari-Rajarhat road at Barasat in the district halting traffic for several hours and stoned vehicles including two police jeeps,police
A mob gheraoed Trinamool Congress MP Nurul Islam and damaged his car and demonstrated before Food Minister Jyotipriya Mullick when they went to the area.
The Food Minister promised proper policing and a police camp in the area.
He also said a government job would be provided to a family member of the girl.
The incident came a day after three TV reporters were attacked and injured by men carrying Trinamool Congress flags in the same district allegedly as a fallout of infighting in Trinamool Congress.
Three TV reporters who went to the spot were assaulted with iron rods and lathis.