A 22-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by her paramour and his sister in a village of Saran district in Bihar over a dispute, police said on Saturday.
Saran Superintendent of Police (SP) Sudhir Kumar Singh said the incident happened yesterday at Pirari village in the district and the girl succumbed to her injuries at a hospital today.
A few days ago, the victim had a tiff with her lover Manoj Kumar (24), a resident of the same village. He had misbehaved with her. This resulted in acrimony and tension between their family members.
“Manoj’s sister placated and took the girl to their house, where Manoj was waiting. He poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze. The girl has provided the details in the dying declaration,” the SP said.
Manoj is absconding and the police is conducting raids to nab him. The girl’s body has been sent for postmortem, said police.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest