A 22-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by her paramour and his sister in a village of Saran district in Bihar over a dispute, police said on Saturday.
Saran Superintendent of Police (SP) Sudhir Kumar Singh said the incident happened yesterday at Pirari village in the district and the girl succumbed to her injuries at a hospital today.
A few days ago, the victim had a tiff with her lover Manoj Kumar (24), a resident of the same village. He had misbehaved with her. This resulted in acrimony and tension between their family members.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Manoj’s sister placated and took the girl to their house, where Manoj was waiting. He poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze. The girl has provided the details in the dying declaration,” the SP said.
Manoj is absconding and the police is conducting raids to nab him. The girl’s body has been sent for postmortem, said police.