An incident of a minor girl allegedly forced to embrace Islam after being abducted and married has come to light in the Bhagalpur district of Bihar. Bhagalpur SSP Vivek Kumar said, “We have sent Kahalgaon ASP Neeraj Kumar Singh to investigate the matter.”
Police officers said quoting an FIR lodged by Krishna Sinha, mother of 17-year-old Sonu Rani, a class XI student, at the Sanokhar police station on May 11 that Rani had gone to her ancestral village Dhuwabe in Bhagalpur district to attend a ceremony on April 30.
There she was abducted by four boys and taken to Patna, New Delhi and then back to Bhagalpur where one of the boys Monty married her, police said quoting the FIR. The girl was rescued by the police on May 24. According to the FIR, Rani escaped from the house where Monty’s family lives and told her mother that Monty had lied to her about his religion and that she was forcibly converted after being beaten up and tortured.
She was also threatened that she would be sold in a red light area and her family members would be killed, police said. Vivek Kumar said, “The girl during her statement in the court under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, had said she had gone with the boy on her own.”
Kumar said that the boy being a minor was sent to a remand home.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More