A DAY after two local CPM leaders were brutally beaten up in Malappuram allegedly by members of Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) — the political arm of right-wing Muslim outfit, Popular Front of India — police on Thursday arrested four persons.
The visuals of the attack, caught on a mobile phone by an eyewitness and later aired by local TV channels, had led to an outrage. The arrests were made only after the visuals turned viral.
Police said on Wednesday morning, a youth riding a motorbike had barged into a procession of CPM workers, who were celebrating party’s victory over Indian Union Muslim League in local body by-election at Tirur, that led to a minor scuffle. An hour later, a group of men allegedly belonging to the SDPI came in two-wheelers and stopped the car in which local CPM leaders A K Abdul Majeed and E Irshad were travelling. The men pulled out the CPM leaders from the car and attacked them with swords and iron pipes.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free