Police on Monday arrested a 24-year-old man for raping a mentally challenged girl in the eastern town of Hnahthial in Mizoram’s Lunglei district.
Lalduhawma, 24, a father of two children, was picked up by police around 11 am Monday after receiving a complaint that he had raped the girl on Sunday night. The girl is believed to be a minor but her exact age is yet to be verified.
“The accused and the victim know each other because he used to work at her family’s house as a carpenter. She was on her way to church for the evening service around 6.30 pm when he obstructed her and raped her,” said a police officer at the Hnahthial police station.
Lalduhawma has been charged with raping a mentally challenged girl (IPC 376 2L) and for wrongful restraint (IPC 339). A charge of raping a minor may be added once the victim’s age is verified, the police officer said.
Lalduhawma is scheduled to be produced before the Lunglei district court on Tuesday morning.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More