Police on Monday arrested a 24-year-old man for raping a mentally challenged girl in the eastern town of Hnahthial in Mizoram’s Lunglei district.
Lalduhawma, 24, a father of two children, was picked up by police around 11 am Monday after receiving a complaint that he had raped the girl on Sunday night. The girl is believed to be a minor but her exact age is yet to be verified.
“The accused and the victim know each other because he used to work at her family’s house as a carpenter. She was on her way to church for the evening service around 6.30 pm when he obstructed her and raped her,” said a police officer at the Hnahthial police station.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Lalduhawma has been charged with raping a mentally challenged girl (IPC 376 2L) and for wrongful restraint (IPC 339). A charge of raping a minor may be added once the victim’s age is verified, the police officer said.
Lalduhawma is scheduled to be produced before the Lunglei district court on Tuesday morning.