Allegedly depressed over harassment by her neighbour, a 19-year-old BCom student of Delhi University committed suicide by hanging from a ceiling fan. Police said she left a video message on her mobile phone in which she claimed she was being harassed by her neighbours who made her uncomfortable by staring at her and stalking her.
However, in the video, the girl says she holds no one responsible for her death.
“In the video, she says that she has troubled her parents a lot. She also says that the boys in the neighbourhood used to stare at her and stalk her, which made her very uncomfortable. She says that she tried to speak to her parents about it but was unable to do so,” a police officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police said the incident was reported from East Delhi’s Krishna Nagar area on Wednesday night. Her father, who worked with a Hindi language daily, discovered the body. Police said she left a suicide note saying that reason of her death was in the video message on her mobile phone.
A case of abatement to suicide has been registered against unidentified persons. DCP East Ajay Kumar said, “The student’s family was not on good terms with the neighbours. They had had several disagreements earlier. Investigation is on.”