Allegedly depressed over harassment by her neighbour, a 19-year-old BCom student of Delhi University committed suicide by hanging from a ceiling fan. Police said she left a video message on her mobile phone in which she claimed she was being harassed by her neighbours who made her uncomfortable by staring at her and stalking her.
However, in the video, the girl says she holds no one responsible for her death.
“In the video, she says that she has troubled her parents a lot. She also says that the boys in the neighbourhood used to stare at her and stalk her, which made her very uncomfortable. She says that she tried to speak to her parents about it but was unable to do so,” a police officer said.
Police said the incident was reported from East Delhi’s Krishna Nagar area on Wednesday night. Her father, who worked with a Hindi language daily, discovered the body. Police said she left a suicide note saying that reason of her death was in the video message on her mobile phone.
A case of abatement to suicide has been registered against unidentified persons. DCP East Ajay Kumar said, “The student’s family was not on good terms with the neighbours. They had had several disagreements earlier. Investigation is on.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest