In what appears to be a hate crime, two young men hailing from the Northeast were beaten by locals in Ambedkar Nagar,south east Delhi. The two victims were admitted to the AIIMS Trauma Centre where one of them has been discharged.
Police said that the incident took place at around 8.30 pm on Sunday when the victim Ginkhansuan Naulak was walking past Maidan Garhi area with his friend.
At the time of the incident, the two were on their way to buy chicken when the accused bikers who were allegedly drunk passed ‘racist comments’ and thrashed them. The victim has alleged that there were about 4-5 men who appeared to be drunk. The accused fled the spot after beating the two.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Police said they are in the process of registering an FIR. Police are looking into the CCTV footage from the market to identity the accused persons.
The victim works at a private firm.