A third man arrested in connection with the gangrape of a 51-year-old Danish tourist was on Friday remanded in three-day police custody by a Delhi court.
23-year-old Raju Singh, arrested on Thursday afternoon, was produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sudhanshu Kaushik, who handed the accused to Delhi Police for his custodial interrogation till January 20.
The police sought three days remand, saying Raju is to be confronted with the other two accused — Mahender alias Ganja and Mohammed Raza — already in its custody till Monday.
“The accused is remanded in police custody. He should be produced along with other two co-accused on January 20,” the court said.
The police informed the court that Raju is one among the eight accused, all vagabonds, who had gangraped and looted the Danish woman at knife-point on January 14 night.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The investigating officer told the court that the accused was arrested by Railway Police Force (RPF) from New Delhi railway station compound yesterday.
Police also said that initially the RPF had apprehended him as it knew that he was wanted in this case and produced him in a railway court, which directed that Raju should be handed over to Delhi Police.
The police told the court that the accused himself has disclosed about his involvement in the crime.
“We have also recovered the alleged stolen I-pad from the accused possessions,” police said, adding that the five are still on run.
Police have booked the accused persons under sections 376 (2)(G) (gangrape), 397 (robbery or dacoity, with attempt
to cause death or grievous hurt) and 392 (robbery) of the IPC.