The Sessions Court here on Friday reserved for tomorrow its order on the anticipatory bail plea of Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda’s son in connection with a complaint of rape and cheating filed against him by a Kannada starlet.
The actress’ lawyer submitted before Sessions Court Judge Mudigoudar that Karthik should not be granted the relief as he is a very influential person who may destroy the evidence.
“If Karthik is granted bail there are more chances that he may destroy the evidence, which will not help the investigation,” her counsel submitted.
He also submitted the documentary evidence seeking to establish the fact that the actress and Karthik had got married at his residence in Mangalore in June.
Yesterday, the eighth Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court had issued arrest warrant against Karthik.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The case has triggered a storm in the state after the small-time model-turned-actress lodged a complaint against Karthik, who was booked under sections 376 (punishment for rape) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code.
The actress had claimed she and Karthik had got married at Gowda’s residence in Mangalore in June in the presence of only the driver of Gowda’s son.
Her claim came on a day when Karthik was engaged to another woman at Kushalnagar in Kodagu district.