The Sessions Court here on Friday reserved for tomorrow its order on the anticipatory bail plea of Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda’s son in connection with a complaint of rape and cheating filed against him by a Kannada starlet.
The actress’ lawyer submitted before Sessions Court Judge Mudigoudar that Karthik should not be granted the relief as he is a very influential person who may destroy the evidence.
“If Karthik is granted bail there are more chances that he may destroy the evidence, which will not help the investigation,” her counsel submitted.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He also submitted the documentary evidence seeking to establish the fact that the actress and Karthik had got married at his residence in Mangalore in June.
Yesterday, the eighth Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court had issued arrest warrant against Karthik.
The case has triggered a storm in the state after the small-time model-turned-actress lodged a complaint against Karthik, who was booked under sections 376 (punishment for rape) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code.
The actress had claimed she and Karthik had got married at Gowda’s residence in Mangalore in June in the presence of only the driver of Gowda’s son.
Her claim came on a day when Karthik was engaged to another woman at Kushalnagar in Kodagu district.