Six police personnel, including a Station House Officer (SHO), were on Friday killed in a Naxal ambush in Maoist-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The incident took place when a police patrol party headed by Vivek Shukla, SHO of Kuwakonda, was on way to Shyamgiri Hills for security of an under-construction road near Kuwakonda-Bacheli.
The patrol team comprising around 10 police jawans was moving on motorcycles when armed rebels indiscriminately fired at them, resulting in the death of SHO Shukla and five other policemen on the spot, said a senior police official.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Soon after receiving the news of the attack, security forces were rushed to the site located in dense forests on a hilly terrain.