Six police personnel, including a Station House Officer (SHO), were on Friday killed in a Naxal ambush in Maoist-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh.
The incident took place when a police patrol party headed by Vivek Shukla, SHO of Kuwakonda, was on way to Shyamgiri Hills for security of an under-construction road near Kuwakonda-Bacheli.
The patrol team comprising around 10 police jawans was moving on motorcycles when armed rebels indiscriminately fired at them, resulting in the death of SHO Shukla and five other policemen on the spot, said a senior police official.
Soon after receiving the news of the attack, security forces were rushed to the site located in dense forests on a hilly terrain.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016