Almost three weeks after the horrific murder and rape of two girls in Uttar Pradesh, the CBI on Thursday decided to take over the probe in Badaun rape and murder case which was monitored by the Allahabad High Court earlier.
A 20-member investigating team of CBI headed by a DIG will reach the crime spot in Badaun on Friday to begin the probe.
The incident came to light when two girls were found hanging from a tree in Badaun on May 28. They were allegedly gangraped and murdered while they had gone out into a field that was used as a toilet area.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The incident triggered a massive outrage with even United Nations condemning it and calling for immediate action against the perpetrators.