Family members of the two teenage cousin Dalit sisters who were gangraped and hanged, termed the incident as more gruesome than December 16 gangrape case and demanded that the accused should be hanged publicly.
All the five main accused, including two policemen, have been arrested in connection with the gangrape and murder of two Dalit sisters here, police said on saturday.
Constable Chhatrapal Yadav was arrested late Friday night and Urvesh Yadav was detained in the wee hours of sturday, Superintendent of Police A K Saxena, said PTI.
Father of a victim, who was gangraped in Ushait area on May 27 night, said that the incident was “more gruesome than Delhi rape case which rocked the nation.”
He also demanded a CBI probe adding that there should be nothing less than capital punishment.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“The manner in which the entire world saw our innocent girls hanging, we want that in the same manner it should watch the accused hanging. They should be hanged publicly,” he said.
The father said that he did no believe in the promises and announcements of the state government.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had yesterday came down heavily on police officers warning them that such incidents should not be repeated any cost.
He had said that family of victims should be given and also sanctioned financial assistance of rupees five lakh each to the family members of the two cousin sisters.
However, the victim’s father said that they dont’ want any compensation.
“We want justice and not compensation,” he said.