Family members of the two teenage cousin Dalit sisters who were gangraped and hanged, termed the incident as more gruesome than December 16 gangrape case and demanded that the accused should be hanged publicly.
All the five main accused, including two policemen, have been arrested in connection with the gangrape and murder of two Dalit sisters here, police said on saturday.
Constable Chhatrapal Yadav was arrested late Friday night and Urvesh Yadav was detained in the wee hours of sturday, Superintendent of Police A K Saxena, said PTI.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Father of a victim, who was gangraped in Ushait area on May 27 night, said that the incident was “more gruesome than Delhi rape case which rocked the nation.”
He also demanded a CBI probe adding that there should be nothing less than capital punishment.
“The manner in which the entire world saw our innocent girls hanging, we want that in the same manner it should watch the accused hanging. They should be hanged publicly,” he said.
The father said that he did no believe in the promises and announcements of the state government.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had yesterday came down heavily on police officers warning them that such incidents should not be repeated any cost.
He had said that family of victims should be given and also sanctioned financial assistance of rupees five lakh each to the family members of the two cousin sisters.
However, the victim’s father said that they dont’ want any compensation.
“We want justice and not compensation,” he said.