Lokayukta Police today arrested a bank manager for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 7,500 from a farmer for sanctioning his loan.
Amit Kumar Rawat, Assistant Branch Manager of Union Bank of India here, was caught accepting the bribe from the farmer Parasram Rathore, sources in the anti-corruption agency said.
Rawat had demanded a bribe of Rs 7,500 from Rathore for sanctioning him a loan of Rs 4 lakh. Rathore agreed to pay the amount and at the same time lodged a complaint with Lokayukta Police, which laid a trap and caught him, they said.
The bank officer has been booked under the relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review