Lokayukta Police today arrested a bank manager for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 7,500 from a farmer for sanctioning his loan.
Amit Kumar Rawat, Assistant Branch Manager of Union Bank of India here, was caught accepting the bribe from the farmer Parasram Rathore, sources in the anti-corruption agency said.
Rawat had demanded a bribe of Rs 7,500 from Rathore for sanctioning him a loan of Rs 4 lakh. Rathore agreed to pay the amount and at the same time lodged a complaint with Lokayukta Police, which laid a trap and caught him, they said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The bank officer has been booked under the relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.