Amid reports that a 35-year-old woman, who kissed Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi at an interactive session during his recent Assam trip, was allegedly burnt to death by her husband, the police said Saturday “she was nowhere close to Rahul during the function”.
However, the police confirmed that the woman, who belonged to a panchayat under Titabor constituency — represented Assam CM Tarun Gogoi — was at the event.
Bonti Chutia, a panchayat ward member from the Congress under Titabor sub-division in Jorhat, sustained burn injuries Wednesday, and died in Jorhat Medical College Hospital a day later. Local reports claimed her husband, Someswar Chutia, set her on fire because she kissed Rahul during the event.
However, Kulendra Deka, sub-divisional police officer of Titabor, said, “The woman died due to burn injuries, but we do not have any report of her husband setting her on fire. Nor do we have any complaint or witness stating the same. We have checked the video of Rahul’s session and found that she was nowhere close to him throughout the function.”
Two women had kissed Rahul before security personnel stepped in and prevented anyone else from coming close.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Deka said the woman’s husband is also in the hospital with over 60 per cent burn injuries.