An FIR has been lodged against former MP and sitting MLC Akshay Pratap Singh, alias Gopalji, and others in connection with the murder of a Congress leader’s son and his associate in Jagdishpur police station area of Amethi district on Saturday evening.
Mahendra Pratap Singh, alias Daddan Singh, and his associate Suresh Pandey were shot dead by unidentified persons near Raniganj market.
The accused, Akshay Pratap Singh, is a relative of UP cabinet minister and Independent MLA from Kunda constituency in Pratapgarh, Raghuraj Pratap Singh, alias Raja Bhaiyya.
In the FIR, Daddan’s father Jung Bahadur Singh has also named Uday Bhan Singh, his brother Neelkamal Singh, relative Rudra Pratap Singh and five to six unidentified persons. No one has been arrested.
Superintendent of Police, Amethi, Heera Lal said they are looking for the accused who are absconding.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Jung Bahadur Singh, a former BSP MLA, was general secretary in the recently dissolved UP Congress Committee.
Station House Officer, Jagdishpur police station, Bharat Raj Singh said: “The complainant has alleged that he had an old rivalry with Akshay Pratap Singh and the double murder on Saturday was its fallout.” The SHO added that 24 empty cartridges were recovered from the spot of the crime.
On Saturday, Daddan Singh and his aide Suresh Pandey were killed while another of his associate Deshraj suffered gunshot injuries.