An FIR has been lodged against former MP and sitting MLC Akshay Pratap Singh, alias Gopalji, and others in connection with the murder of a Congress leader’s son and his associate in Jagdishpur police station area of Amethi district on Saturday evening.
Mahendra Pratap Singh, alias Daddan Singh, and his associate Suresh Pandey were shot dead by unidentified persons near Raniganj market.
The accused, Akshay Pratap Singh, is a relative of UP cabinet minister and Independent MLA from Kunda constituency in Pratapgarh, Raghuraj Pratap Singh, alias Raja Bhaiyya.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In the FIR, Daddan’s father Jung Bahadur Singh has also named Uday Bhan Singh, his brother Neelkamal Singh, relative Rudra Pratap Singh and five to six unidentified persons. No one has been arrested.
Superintendent of Police, Amethi, Heera Lal said they are looking for the accused who are absconding.
Jung Bahadur Singh, a former BSP MLA, was general secretary in the recently dissolved UP Congress Committee.
Station House Officer, Jagdishpur police station, Bharat Raj Singh said: “The complainant has alleged that he had an old rivalry with Akshay Pratap Singh and the double murder on Saturday was its fallout.” The SHO added that 24 empty cartridges were recovered from the spot of the crime.
On Saturday, Daddan Singh and his aide Suresh Pandey were killed while another of his associate Deshraj suffered gunshot injuries.