A 46-year-old man has been arrested for murder after he stabbed his 50-year-old wife to death in an Aizawl neighbourhood, police in Mizoram said Monday.
Lalmuanpuia had stabbed his wife Lalnuntluangi in the abdomen with a kitchen knife during a heated argument on Sunday evening.
The couple was reportedly under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Lalnuntluangi was rushed to hospital shortly afterward, but she succumbed to her injuries around 3 am on Monday.
Her body was sent to her native village Baktawng the same day for a funeral while her husband was arrested by police and booked for murder.
The couple has a 16-year-old daughter.