A local court here has sentenced three persons to life imprisonment for abducting and murdering a four-year-old boy.
Additional District Sessions Judge Rajbir Singh on Friday held the three, including the victim’s uncle, guilty for the murder of 4-year-old Sumit six years back.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 65,000 each on the three convicts, identified as Pradeep (Sumit’s uncle), Sunil, and Chouta.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
According to the prosecution, Sumit was kidnapped on bFebruary 7, 2008 from Naya Gano area in Shamli district.
The family received a phone call the next day from the kidnappers demanding a ransom of Rs six lakh, police said, adding, the call was traced to the uncle’s number.
During preliminary investigation, Pradeep confessed to kidnapping and murdering the child with the help of two accomplices, police said.
Sumit’s body was then found from the railway tracks in Tatiri area, they added.