A 23-year-old teacher was allegedly raped by a youth at a village in Muzaffarnagar which was videographed by two of his associates, police said.
The three youths Vipin, Mohit and Sorabh, all college students, have been arrested on Saturday evening at Balwakheri village under Charthawal police station in this UP district, police said. They were produced on Sunday before a duty magistrate who remanded them to judicial custody.
The victim was door-to-door canvassing for a private school she was working for when she was accosted by one of the youths.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Mohit (the accused) came from behind, covered my mouth so I could not shout and dragged me to an empty house. Then he phoned his two other friends who came and filmed him raping me with their phone. They also threatened me and warned me against speaking about this to anyone,” she said.
The girl’s father lodged an FIR against the accused, police said, adding a case has been registered against them.
The victim has been sent for medical examination and investigations are on, they said.
This incident came within a fortnight of a similar one in Muzaffarnagar when a 20-year-old woman was gangraped by eight men, and the video circulated on WhatsApp. The woman alleged that the men had threatened her that if she complained to the police, they would post the video online.
In another case, a 7-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by a youth at Vahelna village under Kotwali police station here, police said.
The incident took place on Saturday when the boy was playing outside his house and the accused Karamvir picked him up and brought him near a jungle, they said.
A case has been registered against the absconding accused, police said, adding that the victim has been sent for medical examination.