Two alleged supporters of CPI(Maoist) were killed when People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) activists opened indiscriminate firing at a weekly market in Birbanki under Arki police station in the district on Saturday evening, the police said.
A group of 20 PLFI activists arrived and opened indiscriminate firing, killing Gopal Munda and Bisram Munda as people ran helter skelter for safety, they said.
The victims were supporters of Maoists and used to collect levy for Maoist area commander Kundan Pahan, DIG Praveen Kumar Singh said.
The militants also set ablaze a motorcycle and a four-wheeler before dispersing, the police officer added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review