Two alleged supporters of CPI(Maoist) were killed when People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) activists opened indiscriminate firing at a weekly market in Birbanki under Arki police station in the district on Saturday evening, the police said.
A group of 20 PLFI activists arrived and opened indiscriminate firing, killing Gopal Munda and Bisram Munda as people ran helter skelter for safety, they said.
The victims were supporters of Maoists and used to collect levy for Maoist area commander Kundan Pahan, DIG Praveen Kumar Singh said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The militants also set ablaze a motorcycle and a four-wheeler before dispersing, the police officer added.