A 17-year-old girl has been allegedly raped by seven of her boyfriend’s friends, including four minors, near Lungsen in southern Mizoram after the couple eloped from their homes, police said.
The incident happened on Sunday night, when the two ran away from their homes in Rolui village for Lunglei, the district headquarters. The victim’s boyfriend had asked his friends to accompany them as the couple were afraid that their families might spot them.
However, after travelling a few kilometres from the village, the boy noticed that he did not take any money from his home and asked his friends to take care of the girl till he comes back. In his absence, the accused, including a 16-year-old and three 14-year-old boys, allegedly threatened the girl and took turns to rape her by the roadside.
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
After the crime was reported to the police, all the accused were rounded up. Three of them have been identified as Phenosur Chakma, 20, Buddha Sen Chakma,18, and Halaseda Chakma, 18.
The victim has been admitted to a hospital as she suffered minor injuries when she was being allegedly raped.