Cop wanted rape survivor to have sex with him to get accused arrested: Report

"Whenever I approached SI Jai Prakash Singh seeking arrest of the accused, he would say he first wanted to have sex with me. He even called up on my mobile phone and invited me to visit him in his room alone," the rape survivor claimed.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Published:June 22, 2017 11:21 am
rape, rampur rape, rampur gangrape, up gangrape, india news, indian express news On February 12, the woman was gangraped by two men at gunpoint, after the duo offered to drop her home.

An officer in Rampur’s Ganj police station has been accused of asking for sexual favours from a rape survivor in exchange for taking action against the accused, reported Times of India. Sub-inspector Jai Prakash Singh, who was the investigating officer in the rape case that took place in February this year, allegedly filed the closure report after the 37-year-old rape survivor denied his requests.

The survivor claimed feeling threatened as the two alleged rapists had not been arrested. Singh took no action against the perpetrators after she refused to entertain his requests. The woman approached him again and recorded the conversation. She later approached the Superintendent of Police with the recordings following which an inquiry has been ordered into the incident. Rampur SP Vipin Tada told TOI: “Prima facie, the voice in the audio clip doesn’t match with that of the SI. But will investigate her charges thoroughly.”

“Whenever I approached SI Jai Prakash Singh seeking arrest of the accused, he would say he first wanted to have sex with me. He even called up on my mobile phone and invited me to visit him in his room alone. When I turned him down, he filed a closure report in the case a fortnight ago,” the woman was quoted as saying by TOI. “He would ask about the rape sequence time and again, posing objectionable questions on the details. Then he told me, ‘Tum pahley meri hasrat puri karo, tab mulzim pakday jayenge’ (First you fulfill my desire, I will then arrest the accused).”

On February 12, the woman was gangraped by two men at gunpoint, after the duo offered to drop her home. Police claimed one of the suspects was known to her. TOI reported that after initially refusing, the police lodged an FIR only after the survivor approached a local court.

On February 21, two persons, identified as 55-year-old Ameer Ahmad and 45-year-old Sattar Ahmad, were booked under IPC’s sections 376 (D) (gangrape), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation). She also recorded her statement before a magistrate.

Kamal Pasha
    Jun 23, 2017 at 1:12 am
    Even the Cows are treated better than rape survivor innocent lady in Modi' Raj.
      khaja
      Jun 22, 2017 at 5:32 pm
      Before taking task to shameful SI Jai Prakash Singh, 2 identified persons Ameer Ahmed and Sattar Ahmed are to be arrested and trial to be in Fast track, once proven straight away both are to be HANGED without any delay. Then this beast Jai Prakash is to be dismissed from Service and Rigorous imprisonment upto 5 to 7 yrs. Will the authority act like this ?
        Mathura
        Jun 22, 2017 at 4:24 pm
        Shah's promised law and order under bachelors
          Damodar Biswal
          Jun 22, 2017 at 3:31 pm
          This is horrible.The SI should be taken to task.
          1. N
            noushad
            Jun 22, 2017 at 1:50 pm
            very sad news ,Unless otherwise we lack proper law system in our country we cannot control these incidents
              Ml Pandit
              Jun 22, 2017 at 1:50 pm
              How long will the law of the land take to find the truth and then punish the cop: before or after his retirement?
                Ravishankar
                Jun 22, 2017 at 1:19 pm
                This is India. Law works only for the rich and well connected.
                  mutubba
                  Jun 22, 2017 at 1:16 pm
                  I made a very big mistake fighting my husband, just because he asked me to give him a child after 15 years of our marriage. This created a distance in our relationship, and our marriage was getting out of control, but the truth is that i was telling him the right thing, that when the time comes we shall have our baby. and one day he said to me that he can not do this any more, that is over. This was killing me and i was really hurt because I knew i was gonna lose him for another women, but today all thanks to mama for casting a spell and also send a pregnancy seed and oil to me to drink and i was able to get pregnant. this made my husband happy . what would i have done if not for mama twins roots and herbals drugs she gave to me. if you are having problem getting pregnant financial blessing,good luck,promotion at work, contact mama twins for help. 27836708212