• Associate Sponsor

Congress MLA Asha Kumari slaps woman cop, gets it right back

Written by Ashwani Sharma | Shimla | Published: December 30, 2017 4:21 am
cong mla slaps cop, asha kumar, congress mla slaps policewoman, himachal congress, rahul gandhi, aicc, cong himachal review meet, cong mla slapped back, Congress MLA assaults woman constable, indian express Congress MLA Asha Kumari slapped lady police constable during Rahul Gandhi’s Shimla Visit on Friday. Express Photo by Pradeep Kumar

Senior Congress MLA Asha Kumari, who is also AICC in-charge for Punjab, on Friday allegedly slapped a woman constable on duty, who in turn slapped her back instantly. The incident took place outside the Congress office IN Shimla when Asha Kumari and two other former ministers, Mukesh Agnihotri and Colonel Dhani Lal Shandil (retired), both MLAs, were trying to enter the party office where Congress president Rahul Gandhi was to attend a meeting to assess reasons for the party’s defeat in the Assembly polls.

A video clip of the incident has since gone viral.

Rahul later reportedly told Asha Kumari at the meeting, “I am not happy over the incident. I do not approve of it. This is no way, at least not the Congress culture, which stands for Gandhian way of responding to anger with love. Raising hand against anyone is not good and I will not tolerate it,” he said at the meeting.

WATCH VIDEO HERE: Cong MLA Asha Kumari slaps woman constable in Shimla, gets it back

In response, Asha Kumari said, “The constable was abusing and pushing me, trying to stop me from entering the party office even after I showed her my pass to identify myself. What business she had to abuse or push me? She should have shown restraint. I agree I too should not have lost my temper. I regret this.”

Police later registered an FIR under IPC provisions related to assault on a public servant against the MLA. “I will also lodge an FIR against her,” Asha Kumari said.

1. Sankaran Krishnan
    Dec 30, 2017 at 8:07 am
    Instead if Rahul used the occasion can d called the Cop in front of the media and made the Slapped women MLA for an Public Apology would have sent the right message to all fellow congressmen that Leadership will not tolerate abusing the Public servants who had posted for the security of their own Leader and to regulate the crowd/cadres who are all came to meet him and this only exposes there is none to guide Rahul properly in this regard !!!
    (1)(1)
    1. blackpower 666
      Dec 30, 2017 at 10:44 am
      AND WHAT PUNISHMENT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? what is the punishment for modi abusing with filth and gutter filth and cesspool filth? does not even spare the dead! how about OP sharma (BJP MLA) assaulting youth as a gutterlevel street thug would? "BJP leader Ramakrishnappa Monday allegedly assaulted the headmistress of a school within the school premises in Singanayakanahalli in North Bengaluru in connection with a financial dispute. The entire incident has been captured in a CCTV camera installed on the premises."? BJP MLA AMEET SATAM SEEN ASSAULTING JUHU HAWKERS IN VIRAL VIDEO ( : indiatoday today /video/amit-satam/1/1044885 )
      (0)(2)
    2. Cherian Mani
      Dec 30, 2017 at 6:43 am
      Arrogant like all other Congressmen / women Ms. Ashakumari exhibited her culture. She would never have imagined that she got slapped back 'instantaneously". Probably she would have forgotten the fact that it is not her Congress anymore ruling the state ?
      (3)(0)
      1. deepak sankhla
        Dec 30, 2017 at 6:41 am
        Interesting to see how IE can spin a story which exposed the arrogance and high-handedness of an average Congressman into a tool to promote Rahul Gandhy and his 'Gandhian' values!
        (6)(0)
        1. Venkatraman Shenoy
          Dec 30, 2017 at 5:54 am
          Is it "Gandhian culture" to loot the nation and d your loot abroad?
          (5)(0)
          1. anil nagar
            Dec 30, 2017 at 6:43 am
            yes this is their fundamental culture to do so.
            (1)(0)