Chief Judicial Magistrate, Srinagar, Rajiv Gupta on Saturday issued arrest warrant against former Health minister Shabir Ahmed Khan in sexual assault case. Khan was booked on molestation charges by the police following a complaint by a lady doctor in Srinagar.
The doctor, wife of a separatist leader, told police that the minister, who belongs to Congress, called her to his office for a briefing during which he allegedly made vulgar remarks and sexual advances.
A case was registered on Friday under Sec 354 RPC (assault or criminal force on a woman with the intention to outrage her woman) and Section 509 RPC (word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman) against him.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Official sources said a police team had been constituted to arrest the former minister. They said the team would soon leave for Jammu to arrest Khan who resigned on Friday.
Sources also said that the police had summoned Khan to present himself for investigations on Saturday and moved the court for an arrest warrant after he failed to appear.
The resignation of Shabir Khan at the time of elections has put Congress in the state on the back foot. The image of the party has received a set back not only in Kashmir but also in Jammu region.
Khan had moved an application on Friday for anticipatory bail in the Jammu wing of State High Court but it was rejected.