Chief Judicial Magistrate, Srinagar, Rajiv Gupta on Saturday issued arrest warrant against former Health minister Shabir Ahmed Khan in sexual assault case. Khan was booked on molestation charges by the police following a complaint by a lady doctor in Srinagar.
The doctor, wife of a separatist leader, told police that the minister, who belongs to Congress, called her to his office for a briefing during which he allegedly made vulgar remarks and sexual advances.
A case was registered on Friday under Sec 354 RPC (assault or criminal force on a woman with the intention to outrage her woman) and Section 509 RPC (word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman) against him.
Official sources said a police team had been constituted to arrest the former minister. They said the team would soon leave for Jammu to arrest Khan who resigned on Friday.
Sources also said that the police had summoned Khan to present himself for investigations on Saturday and moved the court for an arrest warrant after he failed to appear.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The resignation of Shabir Khan at the time of elections has put Congress in the state on the back foot. The image of the party has received a set back not only in Kashmir but also in Jammu region.
Khan had moved an application on Friday for anticipatory bail in the Jammu wing of State High Court but it was rejected.